October 19, 2014

So thankful for Ms. "S"....

It didn't seem that long ago that I was a newbie at Arizona State University studying kinesiology... in which I found my way into physical education. Although ASU is one of the largest universities in the nation, the PE program felt small, quaint, and honestly it was so much fun! I was lucky enough to be in most of the same classes with the same students the whole way through, and that is how I got to know Ms. "S". She was smart, fun, and always went above and beyond the teacher's expectations. I knew from the start that she would be someone to learn from :)

Fast forward to our last semester, just a couple months before graduation. As we sat next to each other in class, Ms. "S" turned to me one day and said I should go talk to that boy across the room. Hmmm, I thought to myself, "well heck, he sure is cute" but I told her I wasn't interested in dating anyone right now.  So guess what Ms. "S" did anyway? She went ahead and gave that cute boy across the room my number! I was so mad! How could she do that to me? This was going to be so awkward when he would call... I mean, if he would call? 

Now fast forward 5 minutes after she gave that cute boy my number..."DING" I heard on my phone. WTH? He already sent me a text!?! "Hi, this is Derik from across the room. Would you like to go get some coffee or tea sometime?" Oh.My.Gosh! After I read the text, I looked up and he was smiling ever so handsome at me... and from there, the rest was history!  We went for that date and I knew then I would marry that cute boy from across the room :)

Thank you Ms. "S" for being brave for me, for pushing me to be my best, and for knowing that cute boy across the room was the one for me! I am so thankful for you and I wish you and your family the very best in everything. You are truly one of the most genuine, nicest families I have ever met. XOXOX







No comments:

Post a Comment